Saturday, March 8, 2014

Baby gender reveal

My co-teaching partner, Kiran, is having a baby! I convinced her to let me do a gender reveal photo shoot for her. Her and her husband own a party store PARTYlicious, so getting all the supplies was free :) 
At first she wanted to fill a piƱata with candy colored the gender of her baby, but I thought about a confetti popper would be better. 
The poppers only came in bold colors; blue, yellow, USA and red. This would be challenging to do if it happened to be a girl. 
We bought 2 poppers with white papers inside, tissue paper and confetti colored in both colors. I was going to replace the inside of the popper when I found out the gender. 
She had her ultra sound doctor put the gender on a piece of paper in a sealed envelope to give to me. 

supplies: (all found at a party store)
tissue paper (only a few pieces to fill the tube, I over estimated :) )
metallic grass
paper cutter or scissors
confetti popper
black contact paper

 The popper has a foil cover, this is not needed, remove it to take out the confetti.



 Cut the tissue paper and grass into small pieces. Try inserting the confetti into the tube in stacks like this, so more can fit in. 




 Cover the tube with tin foil 
 
Cover the tube with black chalkboard contact paper. 

 Decorate the outside to make them suspicious :)
Let the magic happen :)






Clearly...IT'S A GIRL :)


1 comment: