Friday, August 16, 2013

Communication Board

I saw an idea similar to this online, and decided to adapt it to my classroom. This is my communication station which is located at the front door to my classroom. Below this I have their mailbox to have all papers returned and sent home, as well as the place to turn in their assignments. The goal of this is to eliminate "Extra" papers from floating around or being tossed out, only to need to be copied again (like permission slips and important notices).
I used those ancient antique things called "transparency paper" to create pockets on the board. I simply stapled the bottom flat, and then angled the sides in so that it created a pocket.

This could be done with file folders or paper, but I wanted to be able to see through it. There are clear folders out there you can buy, but I had these in my stash already (free) :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment