Friday, August 9, 2013

Dirty Thirty "Roaring 20s themed Party"

My husband turned 30 this year, and I wanted to make a party for him that was over the top! This was my chance to go crazy with craft and entertainment ideas. I chose to theme the party "Roaring 20s" to "Say goodbye to his 20s." 
Invitations were sent out to our friends in the mail. I got this invitation made by someone on ETSY. I just had it printed as a photo at a local printing stop.  

etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mtipsy


Everyone was encouraged to dress in 20s attire, of course not everyone did, but that's okay :) Because it was a surprise for my husband, I packed him a bag with clothes in it, and sent him on a boys day out while I prepared for the party. When he got dressed he thought the theme was either "Boardwalk Empire," or "Michael Jackson." :)


I designed a cake to look like a die. My friend Kristin made it for me. She used strawberry and confetti cake mixes, and buttermilk icing. The dots were created with editable paper from the craft store in the cake decorating section.  


I "googled" 20s slang words so I could make the food tags themed. 


I made flapper headbands for the girls attending the party. I took stretchy sequined ribbon and hot glued it big enough to fit around my head.
Then, I hot glued feathers to one part of it. I made several of these with different colors for my guests to chose what they wanted to wear. 

Of course, my dog had to also become a flapper herself :) 

I made my necklaces by simply stringing beads longer than normal. 

I used etching paint to create these personalized glasses as party gifts. 
For details on how I made these glasses, see my post : etched glasses. 



Using black contact paper, I cut out the letters and stuck them to the stairs in the entryway. 





No comments:

Post a Comment