Friday, August 9, 2013

Classroom Pencil Wreath

I saw many different types of pencil and crayon wreaths online and steps to creating it, but I didn't like just pencils or just crayons. SO, I decided to add the two together. I also like the look of a diagonal wispy wreath, so I added that concept here also. 





 Materials needed: glue gun and glue sticks
pencils
crayons
cardboard circle (can be found at any craft store)
ribbon to hang it
optional corkboard circle
something to display your name
 I started by dividing the circle into parts step by step, first fourths,
 then eighths, 
 until I got to 32, I just kept cutting each half in half. 
 Then (optional) to create the diagonal effect, I connected the top of one line with the bottom of the neighboring line.
 Then, I glued a pencil on top of each diagonal line. 
 I glued crayons on top of every other pencil. I chose to put them in rainbow order, but you can put them randomly if you like. 


 I then put a ribbon to hang it
On top of that I glued a cork board circle on top, printed my name and pinned it to the cork.

I hope you can use these easy steps to create your own wreath for your classroom this year. Also makes a great gift for a teacher! Think teacher appreciation week, Christmas, Valentines Day, or just because you love your child's teacher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment