Friday, August 9, 2013

engraved glasses

My husband turned 30 this year, and I wanted to make a special party for him. This was of course the best excuse to do a bunch of random crafts! I wanted to engrave glasses for the party for a party gift to guests. I am sorry I did not take pictures of the process of making these. I will do my best to explain the steps. 

I have a friend with a cricket machine, so I hired her to make stencils for me that said "Troy Turns 30."
She cut out the letters for me on vinyl paper, making sure to keep the center of the "0" and"o."
I purchased etching paste from the craft store:
http://www.joann.com/armour-etch-glass-etching-cream-3-oz-permanent/prd1421/

I simply painted over the stencil. Let it sit and do it magic. 
After awhile I wasted it off, pealed off the stencil and admired the product. 

 I bought the glasses at the Dollar Tree! The whole project cost be under $45 for 30 glasses! They were a big hit among our party guests :)


No comments:

Post a Comment