Friday, August 9, 2013

Halloween wine bottles

I saw this post on Pinterest, and adapted it to my own design. 

file://localhost/Users/emilysanchez/Desktop/1ec27395fa6d8c758d60943d85c17f95.jpg

I started by taking off the labels from the bottles. I soaked them in the sink for a while with soapy water. This helped the paper peel off. I think just hand washed them as if I was washing the dishes.



I used Gloss Enamel Paint from Michaels because it bonds to glass. 
http://www.michaels.com/Gloss-Enamels/cp0357,default,pd.html
It took several coats of paint to cover each bottle. Make sure you let to dry completely before adding a new coat. 

I found pumpkin carving images online, printed them, and cut them out with a x acto knife. 

With the stencils on, I painted over them, let it dry, and Wahla! 
Keep in mind : do not soak the paper with paint: it will bleed through. Thicker paper is recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment