Sunday, August 25, 2013

Meet the Teacher night

I was so overwhelmed by the difference of meet the teacher night at my new school. At previous schools I've been in, I get to meet all the parents, but they come in slow increments, and I usually didn't have more than 2 sets of families in my room at one time. 
Well, this year, I probably had EVERYONE in my room at the same time! And then I had my switch class come in to meet me too. These students brought all their school supplies, so the room was filling up of students trying to sort their items. I have been used to students bringing their supplies on the first day of school, this was a change!

 I lined up boxes and put labels on the wall for the things that I was going to collect, like: glue, paper, scissors, pencils, crayons, markers, pens, tissue, sanitizer and ziplocks. 
Students chose their desk by writing their name on it with permanent marker (it comes off with static gaurd spray, or nail polish remover) They left their personal items at their desk (notebooks, binders, pencil boxes, folders)

I set up a computer in the room with my email open. Parents simply typed in their email information into a new contact. This way, I didn't have to take the time to make new contacts on my own, and I also didn't have to go through the process of trying to read the handwriting and get the email correct!

Overall, this year's meet the teacher night was a success. I met most of my students and their parents, and I am looking forward to starting a new school year ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment