Friday, August 9, 2013

Fall wreath

I love the look of the wispy wreaths with flowers, but when shopping for the grapevine base I discovered that it cost almost $25 at the craft store!  There was no way I was going to pay that, so I improvised :)

I bought a standard round grapevine wreath and a "broom" wreath. (They also sometimes sell sticks or vines bundled together). Each was under $4. 

I took apart the broom and broke all the pieces into about 6 inch parts. 

Then, I stuck the sticks into the grapevine circle



I continued until it was full and I was satisfied with it. 

I bought a fall leaf garland instead of stems of flowers because it was cheaper. I cut the leaves off of the garland and stuck them on the wreath. If I need to add a larger "stem" to the lead, I wrapped  wire around it to slide it into the vines. 


I like the look of it being think in one part and fading out, so this is the style I went for when adding the leaves to it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment